This project was first open at the bachelor level for a period of time in the Department psychology and Science of education at Oran University, but after the recent reforms the specialty “Family Psychology “(bachelor level) was not reinstated in university programs, and is currently open for Master and Doctorate students.
Introduction of the Master training project ” Family Psychology “
Conditions of access to the competition:
Can be candidate for the competition in “ family psychology ” Master as determined by the legal procedure and with consideration of the following order of priority, each holder of a license in :
1. Family Psychology (l m d).
2. Counseling and guidance (l m d).
3. Clinical Psychology (l m d).
4. School Psychology (l m d).
5. Psychology “classic” and “l m d ” all disciplines included.
6. Sciences of education “classic” and ” all disciplines included.
Some formation goals:
1. Provision of scientists to supervise the family field in universities and participation in the formation of specialists in the family.
2. Promotion of research and formation of specialists in family issues.
3. Providing institutions such as the family, school, public health, media, security, justice, productivity enterprises with qualified counselors and specialists in guidance.
Intended skills and capabilities:
This training allows acquiring a lot of information and develop a number of skills, including :
1. Cognitive skills with a certain importance to the specialty.
2. Intellectual skills (self criticism and objective evaluation) contributing to the development of family life.
3. Acquisition of skills in the use of guidance and counseling tools and means of (interviews, psychological and vocational tests).
4. Development of management, organization and administration skills ( for centers where human relationships are particularly active)
5. Methodological skills qualifying the student to conduct research and training, conceive and build counseling programs with the ability to do the follow-up.
6. Acquisition and mastery of effective methods and ways in dealing with children, young people , teenagers and the elderly.
7. Training of education specialists mastering the practice of evaluation and contributing to the performance improvement in the educational institutions.
8. Development of the student’s ability to identify human talents and the ability to take advantage of them.
Some elements of the Master training program ” Family psychology “
1. Family Counseling.
2. Family and Mental Health.
3. Family and socialization.
4. Domestic economy.
5. Conception and building of family counseling program.
6. Family and school.
7. Adult guidance.
8. Family counseling techniques.
9. The family counselor.
10. Family and the media.
11. Family and Islamic law, Algerian law and international conventions.
The student will be called during his training, to deepen his knowledge in methodology, computer, applied statistics, and improve his spoken and written English as a research tool. He will also have the opportunity to make direct contact with the real world through training course within enterprises and companies and thus get acquainted with the world of work. The Master program will be ended by the writing of a final thesis in which the student will address an issue associated with the Algerian reality.
Introduction of ” Family Psychology ” Doctorate training project.
Conditions of access to the competition:
May be a candidate for the competition in “family psychology” doctorate as determined by the legal procedure, each holder of a Master in :
1. Family psychology.
2. Counseling and Mental Health.
3. Family counseling.
Some research axes
1. Family and Education (coordination between family and school , the family’s role in the follow-up of the educational process, family and the education cost , cultural and educational implications on the family life, methods of dealing with children and adolescents).
2. Family and Vocational Training (professional development interests, work & future market ).
3. Family and Mental Health (family, health education, family stability and dialogue..).
4. Family and economy (the impact of the economy on the family, unemployment, consumption and production in the family).
5. Family and globalization (family education, the changing family concept, international law and family affairs …).
6. Family and older (adult guidance, elderly centers , paternity and maternity values in a changing society).
7. Family with special circumstances (Gifted and talented people, chronic diseases, drug addiction, family centers and rehabilitation centers , mixed family ).
Some of the themes of the “Family Psychology” Doctoral program
The “Family psychology” formation offers a program of two years in the form of lectures, workshops and forums in which the student participates actively. These are some of the topics covered by this program and are distributed on three major axes:
The first axis:
1. Family and education of talented and gifted people.
2. Family stability and mental health.
3. Family under strained relations (disagreement, conflict, quarrel).
4. Family and adult needs.
5. Algeria’s extended family in the new-look.
6. Methods of Education in the Algerian family: an evaluation study.
7. Family’s economic role and social , cultural and political challenges.
8. Women’s work: a necessity with implications and challenges.
9. Family and professional awareness and fear of the future.
10. Family and national identity.11. Family and migration from and to Algeria.
12. Algerian family of mixed marriages.
13. The celibacy phenomenon in Algerian society
The second axis :
1. Research in the family sphere: reality and prospects.
2. Preparation of exams and contribution of the family and the school.
3. Planning for the vocational future of the family members.
4. Consumption evaluation in the Algerian family.
5. The reality of family psychological tests.
6. Family in special situations: an only child, the absence of children, unmarried mothers …
7. What happens after divorce? (the fate of the husband , wife , and children).
8. Can we talk about alternative family?
9. Women at Work between demands of home and professional requirements.
10.Family and unemployment.
11.Formation of professionals in the follow-up of family life : a strategic choice.
12. Family between law and Sharia.
The third axis :
1. Socialization and globalization.
2. Family and social ills.
3. Family and bilateral, regional and international agreements: consensus and conflicts.
4. Family counseling and child exploitation.
5. Human relations in Algerian society : Analysis and Evaluation.
6. Family and Media : complementarities of roles or inconsistencies and conflicts.
7. Technological development and family life.
8. Alternatives that threaten the family entity.