3- School Psychology
Introduction of the ” School Psychology “Master
Conditions of access to the competition:
May be a candidate for the competition in ” School Psychology “Master as determined by the legal procedure, each holder of a “license” in :
1. School Psychology.
2. Educational Psychology.
3. Educational Sciences .
4. Clinical Psychology .
Some formation goals:
- Achieving the student’s mental health.
- Achieving school adjustment.
- Improvement and development of the educational process.
- Help pupils overcome the learning difficulties.
- Confronting the phenomena of school failure, underachievement and drop-out.
- Training and Rehabilitation of learners through their understanding of the foundations and principles of school learning.
- Acquisition of theoretical and functional understanding of the educational process.
- Training learners to diagnose behavioral disorders and school problems.
- Help learners to predict the behavior and to adjust it.
- Learning the proper use of technology to provide for the learning difficulties prevention and treatment.
Intended skills and capabilities:
1. Cognitive skills: providing students with the necessary information to enable them to overcome the problems they face.
2. Psychological skills: providing students with psychological information to solve their problems.
3. Pedagogical skills: providing students with educational information to help them solve problems that hinder their involvement in the educational process.
4. Methodological skills: Providing students with a range of theoretical and applied research to help them in professional life.
5. Technical skills: training students on research techniques.
6. Social skills: development of students’ ability to provide assistance and services to others.
Some of the themes of the ” School Psychology ” Master program
- Applied school psychology.
- Psychological and educational therapy.
- Applied educational Psychology.
- Applied psychological and academic counseling.
- The school psychologist.
- School Management.
- Psychology of the child and adolescent.
- Methodology , research and writing scientific papers.
- Skills approach.
- Psychomotor education.
- Educational evaluation.
- Communication in school.
- Language disorders.
- Critical study of Master and Doctorate dissertations.
- Professional ethics